christmas


This year it was our turn to spend Christmas with Mike's family in Philly. With 40 degree weather outside, the fire place was my favorite spot to hangout. I really like the way my in-laws decorate their house and it truly feels the Christmas there. I also enjoy the feast that my mother-in- law prepares for all of us.

So far I like that we rotate holidays every other year with our families (Thanksgiving here and Christmas there this year, next year Thanksgiving there and Christmas here). I think it's the only way to keep it fair between our families. Besides, this way Mike and I get to see the family dynamics of each family and we have a deeper understanding of the different traditions we were raised with. In the future when we start our own family we can choose what traditions we'll implement based on these experiences. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment