time to say goodbye


First off, I wasn't sure if I should blog about this. Then I thought, this is part of my life in progress. 

This was my aunt's Pilar funeral on 11.11.11. Even though her body was in Australia her family members in New York, Florida, and Colombia were able to view her catholic funeral mass online, as she had requested. 


I realize that death is part of life. In moments like this I can't help but feel hopeless. This is so out of anyone's control. I can't stand to see the pain that takes over to the people that are still living. In this case my mother in particular. 


There is never enough words to fill someone's empty heart as times like this. However, I did found these words and shared them with my four cousins who just lost their mother (they are so brave): Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, Life is stronger than death.

In a way I think my aunt Pilar may have saved my mother's life. Her death (from skin cancer) caused my mother to visit her dermatologist to remove cancerous birthmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment